Saturday 1 October 2011

Week 5 - Motion!

Since we now have to do a 5 second motion graphic assignment, I searched for some well-done, simple, and short ones myself.

This one commercial for Original Black Entertainment struck me because of its simplicity yet sophistication. I liked the way the words are animated and moved in and out as if they are in a "zero-gravity" environment. The zooming of the words while they are transitioning through animation is an effective visual tool as well. I also liked how the grey blotches are animated over the screen as well which gives a 3D feel, along with how the background looks like old parchment paper that is deep in the background (also 3D feel). 

This commercial is short, simple, and effective. There are no animations besides the words over the old parchment paper. Another effective tool is used in the old camera simulation (with the vertical lines moving side to side, and cracks in film). This will help me get a grasp of a simple 5 second animation that I need to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment